Get the recipe for this easy apple crostata (or galette) made from fresh-picked apples. This tart is like making an apple pie, but way easier!
I’m following up my summer Blueberry Crostata recipe with this delicious fall-themed easy Apple Crostata recipe. I wrote a roundup of these delicious tarts for BHG, which you can check out here. I can’t sing their praises enough. They are easy, quick, and more crusty than pie!
Quick & Easy Apple Crostata Recipe
This recipe is quick and easy. It’s perfect for any last-minute gatherings or if you’re in the mood for a dessert without any of the fuss. Although it’s a humble and no-frills kind of tart, it still delivers on plenty of delicious flavor with the apple pie-like filling. Also, if you’re a fan of crust, you get more per serving with a crostata (always a win in my book!).
One of my favorite aspects of this dessert is also how easy clean up is afterward. It takes one bowl to mix it up and makes very little mess on the pizza stone. All of this adds up to one of my favorite simple indulgences!
How to Make Apple Crostata
Peel and core your apples. Honestly, this part probably takes the longest. I tend to outsource this part to my husband since I’m weirdly bad at peeling fruits and vegetables!
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Prepare a cookie sheet with wax paper and flour, or flour pizza stone (I have and love this one.).
Roll out pre-made pie crust onto the flour. You can also make the crust if you choose, I shared my favorite crust recipe here..
In a separate bowl combine apples, sugar, apple cider, flour, and apple pie spice. Mix until combined. Then, spoon apple filling to the center of the pie crust. Make sure to leave 2″ around the perimeter for folding!
Fold over the perimeter, pressing to seal at corners. This doesn’t have to be perfect. In fact, that’s kind of the point!
Brush perimeter with egg wash. Garnish the egg wash with coarse sugar. Bake the crostata for 20 minutes, or until crust is crispy and golden.
Apple crostata is best served with vanilla ice cream, fresh whipped cream, and a drizzle of caramel. Enjoy and let me know in the comments below if you try it!
Easy Apple Crostata (or Galette) Recipe
- 1 pie crust pre-made (or see our crust recipe)
- 3 cups peeled and sliced apples
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp apple cider
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp apple pie spice
- 1 egg whisked
- 1 tsp coarse sugar
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Prepare a cookie sheet with wax paper and flour or flour pizza stone. Roll out pre-made pie crust onto flour.
- In a separate bowl, combine apples, sugar, apple cider, flour, and apple pie spice. Mix until combined.
- Spoon apple filling to the center of the pie crust. Make sure to leave 2″ around the perimeter.
- Fold over the perimeter, pressing to seal at corners.
- Brush perimeter with egg wash. Garnish egg wash with coarse sugar.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until crust is crispy and golden.