Get the recipe for this autumn harvest apple pear sangria. This fall cocktail recipe is perfect to share with friends for your fall entertaining!
Sangria is kind of my “thing” when I’m entertaining. For some reason, I have a random skill for combining various fruits, wines, liquors, and sodas to make something delicious. I’m not sure how useful of a skill this is, but it is a skill. You can check out my other cocktail recipes here!
How to Make Autumn Harvest Apple & Pear Sangria
I honestly don’t usually use a recipe, but I’ve tried to approximate for the purposes of this post. Basically, Sangria isn’t an exact science. Feel free to experiment!
Start by gathering and preparing all of your fruit. This is the longest part of the process, but it’s still a very quick recipe to make! Core and dice two apples and two pears. Optionally, you can add a peeled, pitted and diced peach.
Add your fruit to a glass pitcher and lightly mash it with a spoon or masher. This allows the juices from the fruit to enter the recipe more quickly and it also seems to aid the fruit in absorbing the Sangria.
Pour in the tequila (or whatever liquor you choose) and allow the fruit to absorb it for a few minutes. You can use this opportunity to gather the other ingredients!
Next, add your wine and ginger ale and allow the finished Sangria to steep for at least an hour. If you have a bit of extra time, 3-5 hours is ideal for maximum flavor. Add the ice to chill as you’re serving.
To serve Autumn Harvest Apple & Pear Sangria, dip the rim of a glass in honey and brown sugar. Spoon some fruit into the glass, then pour in the sangria.
What Type of Liquor Should I Use For Sangria?
Tequila just so happens to be my liquor of choice for sangria and I’ve also used white rum with good results. However, traditional sangria calls for brandy or gin.
For this particular autumn sangria I recommend a red wine, and I prefer cabernet. Since it’s mixed with so many other things, a decent inexpensive wine does the trick.
Today I’m going to share my fall version of this yummy beverage. I have one for just about every season. I hope you enjoy it!
Autumn Harvest Apple & Pear Sangria
- 2 apples cored, skin on, and diced
- 2 pears cored, skin on, and diced
- 1 peach (optional) pitted, peeled, and diced
- ⅓ cup tequila or more, I won’t judge
- 1 750 ml bottle red wine I have really been liking 90+ Cabs lately
- ¾ cup ginger ale plus more to taste
- 2 tbsp honey
- ¼ cup coarse brown sugar
- 1 cup ice
- Prepare fruit according to ingredients.
- Add fruit to the pitcher and mash lightly with wooden spoon.
- Mix fruit with tequila. Allow to soak for a few minutes.
- Add wine and ginger ale.
- Allow to steep at least one hour in the refrigerator before serving, 3-5 hours is ideal.
- Mix in ice to chill before serving.
- For this autumn version, a honey rim with brown sugar is especially fun!
- Serve and enjoy. Make sure some fruit for munching makes it into the glass!