These toasted coconut nest cupcakes are the perfect quick and easy treat for your Spring or Easter celebration.
Classic Vanilla Cake Ingredients
- 1/2 cup room temp or softened butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs room temp
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1–1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup of milk or creamer
Basic Buttercream Ingredients
- 1/2 cup 1 stick unsalted butter, softened/room temperature
- 1 lb half a bag of confectioners sugar, sifted
- 1 tsp of pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp Light CreamToasted Coconut Nest Ingredients
- 2 cups flake sweetened coconut
- egg candies (I used these)
Classic Vanilla Cake Instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
- Cream together butter and sugar in stand mixer. Add eggs one at a time until combined. Mix in vanilla.
- Mix dry ingredients in separate bowl. Add to wet batter in thirds alternating with milk/cream. You may find that you don’t need all of the milk/cream, or you may find you need to add more. You want a loose consistency.
- Scoop batter into cupcake liners until they are 3/4 full. Bake for 22 minutes.
Basic Buttercream Instructions
- Beat butter and confectioner’s sugar in the bowl of your stand mixer until fluffy.
- Add vanilla and light cream, if needed.
- The consistency of your buttercream should be similar to peanut butter. Add additional sugar or cream to achieve the desired result.
- Pipe buttercream around just the perimeter of the cupcakes. Toasted Coconut Nest Instructions
- Add your coconut to a small skillet, and turn your heat to medium-low.
- The oil from the flakes is sufficient for browning. Stir constantly until lightly toasted.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Press the cooled coconut into the frosting to create the “nests”.
- Add 2-3 egg candies.
You can also add a filling like raspberry jam to the center of the cupcakes once they are cooled, but before frosting.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 22 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American