A classic fresh sauce made with basil and pine nuts.
- ⅓ cup pine nuts
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- ¾ cup Parmesan-Reggiano cheese (grated)
- 4 cups basil leaves (packed)
- ¾ cup olive oil (extra virgin)
- ½ tsp sea salt (more if needed)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spread pine nuts over a baking sheet. Toast in preheated oven for 5 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool.
- Add cooled pine nuts to the bowl of your food processor along with minced garlic and grated cheese. Pulse until combined.
- Add your basil leaves.
- Turn your food processor on to low and slowly pour in the oil with the motor running until the sauce is smooth.
- Garnish with salt.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Sauce
- Cuisine: Italian