This crostata or galette is made using fresh blueberries and a flaky pie crust.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (plus more for dusting)
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tbsp sugar
- ¾ cup cold butter (sliced)
- 6–7 tbsp ice water
Blueberry Filling Ingredients
- 3 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- juice of 1 medium lemon
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 egg (whisked)
- 1 tsp coarse sugar (for garnish)
Pie Crust Instructions
- In a food processor, pulse together flour, salt, and sugar to blend.
- Add slices of butter and pulse until crumbles form.
- Intermittently add teaspoons of ice water and pulse until a dough ball has formed.
- Flatten the dough ball into a disc, wrap in plastic, and refrigerate for an hour or longer.
Blueberry Crostata Instructions
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prepare cookie sheet with wax paper and flour, or flour pizza stone.
- Roll out pie crust onto flour until it's approximately 1/8" thick.
- In a separate bowl combine blueberries, lemon juice, lemon zest, flour, and cinnamon.
- Spoon blueberry filling to center of pie crust, leaving 2" around the perimeter.
- Fold over perimeter, pressing to seal at corners.
- Brush perimeter generously with egg wash.
- Garnish egg wash with coarse sugar.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until crust is crispy and golden.
- Slice pizza-style and serve a la mode and/or with a dollop of whipped cream.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American