This golden sweet cornbread recipe makes perfect muffins for your everyday dinner or Thanksgiving side!
- 1 cup self-rising flour (optional, sift for fluffier results)
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter, melted (one stick)
- 1 large egg, whisked
- 1 cup milk (if making casserole or skillet, add 1/4 cup)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease muffin tin, or 8″ casserole dish, or loaf pan, or 8″ cast iron skillet.
- Mix dry ingredients until well blended.
- Whisk together melted butter, whisked egg, and milk.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Mix until fully combined.
- Pour batter into pan of choice. Bake 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Top will have a golden appearance.
The results can be dry with larger pans versus muffins. If making casserole or skillet, add additional 1/4 cup of milk for moisture.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: American