Traditional Red Sangria
A sweet fruity cocktail with fresh fruit steeped in liquor and red wine.
Prep Time10 mins
Total Time10 mins
Servings: 4 people
- 1 cup Strawberries sliced
- ½ Lemon sliced
- ½ Orange sliced
- 1 Lime sliced
- ½ Apple sliced
- ½ cup sweet fruit juice orange or cranberry apple
- 1/2 cup liquor of choice tequila, rum, brandy, gin, etc.
- 20 oz ginger ale
- 1 750 ml bottle of red wine I tend to use Cabernet, but Spanish wine is a great choice!
- 1 cup ice optional for serving
Slice all of your fruit.
Add half of the sliced fruit to a pitcher. Mash lightly to release juices.
Add fruit juice, liquor, ginger ale, and wine.
Allow to steep for at least an hour. Six hours is ideal.
Add the remainder of the fruit to the sangria when you are ready to serve it. Also, optionally add ice.