An easy and tart pie-inspired rustic dessert.
- 1 pie crust (pre-made (or see our crust recipe))
- 3 cups peeled and sliced apples
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp apple cider
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp apple pie spice
- 1 egg (whisked)
- 1 tsp coarse sugar
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Prepare a cookie sheet with wax paper and flour or flour pizza stone. Roll out pre-made pie crust onto flour.
- In a separate bowl, combine apples, sugar, apple cider, flour, and apple pie spice. Mix until combined.
- Spoon apple filling to the center of the pie crust. Make sure to leave 2″ around the perimeter.
- Fold over the perimeter, pressing to seal at corners.
- Brush perimeter with egg wash. Garnish egg wash with coarse sugar.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until crust is crispy and golden.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Apple, Crostata