A moist spice cake with apples and pecans.
- ½ cup butter (room temperature)
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp allspice
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup milk
- 3 cups of peeled and diced apples (I prefer honeycrisp)
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease cake pan and set aside.
- Cream together butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar in the bowl of stand mixer until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla extract until combined.
- In a separate bowl combine or sift together flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, allspice, and salt.
- Add ⅓ of flour combination to the bowl of the stand mixer and mix on low speed. Follow with half of the milk. Alternate milk and flour until all are combined.
- Fold in apples and pecans with a spatula until mixed.
- Pour into pan and bake for 30-40 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
I doubled the recipe and used three 10″ cake pans to create my naked cake.
I made this Brown Sugar Buttercream frosting.
To keep the exposed cake layers moist, you can brush on simple syrup.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Apple, Cake