These Chicken Pot Pie Bites are a perfect little comfort food that can be served as an appetizer with a gravy dip. They are easy to make and a great recipe for including the kids!
Aren’t appetizers the best? It’s so fun to get creative with bite-sized food. I’m excited to share a super quick and easy recipe for Chicken Pot Pie Bites with you today. If you’re looking for other fall appetizer ideas, last year I shared this delicious Pumpkin Walnut Baked Brie. For a mini dessert idea, you can try these Mini No-Bake Pumpkin Pies.
Chicken Pot Pie Bites Recipe
Chicken Pot Pie is, in my opinion, the ultimate comfort food and is one of my favorites. However, it can be a bit heavy. Making it into an appetizer and getting just a bit of that warm and homey filling is the perfect solution for a cooler weather gathering.
There’s some flexibility for this recipe if you are in a rush. You can go the route of fresh diced vegetables and chicken and make your own crust, or you can easily buy frozen vegetables and chicken and a refrigerated crust. That’s how I choose to make them, and they are still delicious!
I roll out a store-bought refrigerated pie crust on a lightly floured surface and cut circles out of the crust with a 2″ circle cutter. They fit perfectly in a (pre-greased) mini muffin tin. My daughter loved helping with that part! Then you can fill them with a small spoonful of the filling, and bake!
The result is tiny little tastes of a good home-cooked meal. Pretty much the best! Serve with a bowl of chicken gravy for dipping, which just brings these Chicken Pot Pie Bites to the next level! I hope you enjoy them.Print
Chicken Pot Pie Bites
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 24 1x
These Chicken Pot Pie Bites are a perfect simple comfort food that can be served as an appetizer with a gravy dip. They are easy and quick to make and a great recipe for including the kids!
- 1 Store-Bought Refrigerated Pie Crust
- 1 Bag Frozen Peas and Carrots (approx 10 oz.)
- 2 cups Pre-cooked Boneless Chicken (diced very small (you can use rotisserie chicken))
- 1 Can Cream of Chicken Soup (10.5 oz)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Spray a mini muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Mix frozen vegetables, chicken, and soup in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Roll out pie crust on a lightly floured surface. Use a 2″ cookie circle to cut 24 circles. Place each circle in each mini muffin tin, creating a cup.
- Fill each pie crust cup with chicken pot pie filling.
- Place the mini muffin tin in the oven on the center rack. Bake for 25 minutes or until the crust is golden and the filling is bubbling.
- Cool for 5-10 minutes. Remove carefully with a butter knife or spoon. Serve warm with a small bowl of gravy for dipping.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: American
These are adorable! I love this idea. They look delish too!! YUM!!
This could be an amazing snack. Thanks for the recipe.